Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More Chompers!

Sometime in the last 24 hours, Henry's top right central incisor came through. It looks like its neighbor to the left is also just days away from making its debut. This makes a total of three teeth that have officially come in (with the fourth on its way.) It's been interesting waiting for these top teeth. We've been expecting them since early March when the pediatrician noticed they were close. Unlike the bottom central incisors, which broke through in January at nearly exactly the same time, you could really see these top teeth coming. As time got closer, the gums thinned, revealing the large teeth just beneath the surface. I had noticed this before the pediatrician confirmed, and I couldn't believe those were actually his teeth - they were so big!

I'm almost scared to mention it, because it would be my luck that as soon as I say it, he'll never sleep again, but for the past week or so, we've really been sleeping well around here, at least at night. Two nights ago, though, we had a rough one - he woke near 3am and we were up and down with him until around 6am. Then, last night, good again - I'm wondering if the bad night had anything to do with this new tooth. It at least helps me make sense of a random bad night when I'd just begun to have hope that I might someday enjoy uninterrupted sleep again on a regular basis. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment