Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Milestone: Crawling!

Milestone Alert! I'm behind, as is usual these days, but I wanted to make the official announcement: Henry is crawling! I don't think I even know an exact date - the transition from an almost-crawl to a real crawl was not obvious, and I think he didn't have it down consistently for several days, until about the middle or end of last week. Even now, his crawl isn't a graceful one; his Daddy calls it a half-crawl, half-bear-crawl. More or less, he moves his right knee, but uses his left foot instead of his knee. It's a crippled-looking crawl, but it seems to be working for him. He can already get around faster than I can believe. The days of disgruntled frustration are over - you can tell he is happy as a clam to motor around the room as he pleases.

Check out this video - and please, ignore my commentary... I wish I would remember how goofy I sound when I'm recording and just keep my mouth shut! It has a little crawling, a little waving, and a little "no" in it! **** Technical difficulties - please check back soon for video!****

2 comments:

  1. WhooHoo Henry! Now you'll go where YOU want to go (well...☺).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Henry! I just saw your comment about us getting together :-( I would have LOVED IT! Next time I go to DFW we will absolutely make it a point to get together.

    ReplyDelete